In order to help run any LiveStream you must do the following:
- first set up an account at LiveStream (a free account is fine).
- Email your LiveStream USERNAME to email@example.com, I will add you to the OccupyBoston production team
In order to be a mobile LiveStream Camera using your iPhone or Android device you must do the following:
- Sign up for LiveStream (as per the instructions above)
- Sign up for Qik - DO NOT LINK ANY SOCIAL MEDIA LIKE TWITTER OR FACEBOOK
- Login to Qik ON A COMPUTER (not your phone)
- Select "My Networks" at the top of the page.
- ONLY link your LiveStream Account (no other networks)
- When prompted, indicate the channel is "occupyboston"
- Ensure "AUTOLIVE" is NOT CHECKED.
- Open and login to Qik on your iPhone or Android device (this will be the FIRST time you do this)
- At the top left of the screen, there is a "Live" button. Push it.
- At the bottom middle of the screen there is a record button. Push it.
Once you do this, your camera will appear in the LiveStream Production Studio, and a producer can push your video feed to the livestream.
There is a bug with the Qik/LiveStream integration on iPhone (perhaps Android as well) which prevents using ANY other social network other then LiveStream for it to work.
Based on: LiveStream Documentation at wikispaces