Random Acts of Kindness
The Random Acts of Kindness Working Group is interested in promoting positive change in the world through direct, positive actions.
As we celebrate a spirit of giving, we aim to directly embody the type of good we hope to see in our world. We directly oppose the greed-centered, closed-minded perspective that so often dominates our predatory, unbalanced socio-economic and political system. We believe that gestures of human kindness can exist as moments to rehumanize and reconnect with the many individuals who make up the 99%.
As Occupy Boston's Declaration of Occupation states, "Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits of the few."
- Come to a meeting! -- We just started out, and we'd love to work with you. Our next meeting is Wednesday, December 7 at 8 p.m.
- Brainstorm creative, kind actions! Some of our potential ideas include handing out free equal exchange coffee, cleaning the South Station restrooms, and organizing kindness flash-mobs. Do you have any Ideas for creative action?
- Participate in a formal action. Since we're brand new, we don't have any completed examples yet. But stay tuned, join in. it should be a lot of fun!
- Be Nice. It's that simple. As banks and massive corporate interests dehumanize us, we can work hard to rehumanize each other in our every day interactions. Even a little smile can go a long way.
- Twitter: @Occupy_Kindness