- 1 Organizing Media links
- 1.1 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.2 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.3 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.4 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.5 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.6 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.7 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.8 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.9 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.10 re: Organizing Media links
- 1.11 re: Organizing Media links
- 2 Resource for finding the news!
- user:LauraGail67 Oct 8, 2011 2:46 pm
Currently it looks like these links are by date. It seems like it would be helpful to have the articles separated into general occupation articles (as in Wall Street and other cities), and those which focus primarily/exclusively on Boston. Anyone have an opinion on this?
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 8, 2011 5:58 pm
I think that for now we should focus on articles mostly pertaining to OccupyBoston because that is a more manageable project.
And then yes, a separate section for general occupation articles (although that will be a sea of info).
- user:life_panels Oct 8, 2011 6:23 pm
Hi folks, I just started the table with the external text. It seems there are others working on it too, now? Someone just added a commentary section. I just started doing this on my own. Should I not have?
- user:life_panels Oct 8, 2011 6:29 pm
I see there are a couple of image posts that should be transferred to the ext images section.
I had just looked over the list of links and tried to find a different way to group them and the why, who, what, and how idea came to me.
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 8, 2011 6:36 pm
life_panels. Thanks for organizing. I sent a private message too. I think we should include a commentary section, but also create different tables by date.
This will facilitate editing/re-arranging the content in the cells of the table.
- user:life_panels Oct 8, 2011 6:41 pm
Hi, O_B I've been trying to do them by date as I put them into the categories but I'm having a hard time time getting each post to embed into the cell I'm pointing it to.
I do like the commentary section idea, too.
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 8, 2011 7:55 pm
Quick question, what does 'post' mean? Why did you choose to go away from the why, what, how categories?
It looks great, By the way.
- user:life_panels Oct 8, 2011 8:40 pm
I wasn't sure how to label the links that are posted. You can change it if you'd like. Articles? Stories? Links?
I could still do the why what and how categories, but I thought it would make the tables too spread out and leave too many cells empty.
I have a couple of links to straighten out but I'm bushed! I'll come back tomorrow and fix them. If you'd like I can help with more on this site tomorrow.
Have a good night.
- user:LauraGail67 Oct 8, 2011 8:41 pm
Looks great! What would be going into the "commentary" cell? Would that be tags or a note as to what the general thrust of the article is? (supportive/mocking/critical)
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 8, 2011 9:00 pm
I think we should get rid of commentary, actually. There isn't enough article. And let's change it to 'articles.'
Great work, life_panels! Thanks you.
- user:life_panels Oct 9, 2011 8:47 am
Good morning, folks, There are still image articles at the bottom of the page. Should there be another section under media for Ext. Photography?
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 9, 2011 10:08 pm
Yes. The Ext. Photography should be photography by traditional media organizations with the subject matter being solely Occupy Boston.
Resource for finding the news!
- user:Occupy_Boston Oct 8, 2011 8:04 pm
Now this is useful:
(or go to netvibes.com and search for occupy boston.)
This will be a great resource for keep track of the news