Warren Buffet Ideas
[Note: this 'congressional reform act' is bunk. see here: <http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/c/congressional-reform-act-2011.htm> in other news, buffet has made a few cool statements: <http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/opinion/stop-coddling-the-super-rich.html> thanks]
Warren Buffett, in a recent interview with CNBC, offers one of the best quotes about the debt ceiling:"I could end the deficit in 5 minutes," he told CNBC. "You just pass a law that says that anytime there is a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election."
The 26th amendment(granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, e-mail, cell phones, etc. Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution,seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because ofpublic pressure. Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum oftwenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.*Congressional Reform Act of 2011*
1. No Tenure / No Pension. A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. Allfunds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security systemimmediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congressparticipates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay willrise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the samehealth care system as the Americanpeople.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12.The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmenmade all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not acareer. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours shouldserve their term(s), then go home and back to work.If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take threedays for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!
-- If you think you are a person with lots of influence, try bossing another person's dog around...
Based on: Warren Buffet Ideas at wikispaces