WG/Strategies/Ideas/Why We Occupy
This is NOT approved by GA.
Whereas, corporations have more of a voice and more rights than individuals. We demand greater accountability on Wall Street and Washington. We want greater responsiveness to the needs of the 99%.
This non-partisan movement is the voice of Americans expressing their discontent with the partisan paralysis regarding real solutions to the country's underlying problems.
- We want to put an end to excessive executive bonuses funded by the tax payer, at the public's expense, funded by gov't and federal reserve programs, etc.
- We want a [minimal income] for the underemployed.
- We want job training.
- We want basic healthcare.
- We want basic shelter.
- We want healthy food.
- We want to tread lightly on the Earth.
- We do not want perpectual war for economic/political gain.
- We want to reduce our military presence worldwide.
- We want to restore civil liberties provided under the constitution
We want protection of Americans who are unemployed for a defined period of time after a job loss so that they can still send their kids to college, still have access to affordable healthcare, and still keep their homes. Give people a chance to get back on their feet. We don't choose to lose our jobs so bailing us out is not a free handout. So many lives are simply destroyed because our whole system, including education, healthcare, paying a mortgage, paying back debt revolves around Americans staying employed.
Based on: Why do we occupy? at wikispaces