Difference between revisions of "11/09/11"

From wiki.occupyboston.org
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "<div>'''Meeting Minutes'''</div><div> </div><div>'''<u>Group</u>''' – Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG)</div><div> </div><div>'''<u>Meeting</u>'''– Nove...")
 
Line 1: Line 1:
<div>'''Meeting Minutes'''</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Group</u>''' – Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG)</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Meeting</u>'''– November 7, 2011 from 6:00PM – 8:00PM, South Station mezzanine</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Attendees</u>''' – Rene Perez, Rita Sebastian, Linda Jenkins, Bruce Ehrlich, Eric Martin, Mike Petit, Greg Murphy, Lisa Goldstein, and B</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Roles</u>''' - Lisa Goldstein (facilitator) and Mike Petit (secretary)</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Agenda</u>''' –</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div><u>Old Business</u> –</div>
+
<div>'''Meeting Minutes'''</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Group</u>''' – Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG)</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Meeting</u>'''– November 9, 2011 from 6:00PM – 8:00PM, South Station mezzanine</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Attendees</u>''' – Rita Sebastian, Linda Jenkins, Bruce Ehrlich, and Mike Petit</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Roles</u>''' - Bruce Ehrlich (facilitator) and Mike Petit (secretary)</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Agenda</u>''' –</div><div>&nbsp;</div><div><u>Old Business</u> –</div>
#Post office box
+
#Forms for working groups &nbsp;(completed 11/9/11)
#Safety deposit box for important papers
+
#Cash disbursement policy & allowable expenses (completed 11/9/11)
#Setting-up legal disbursement process
+
#Screening Form & Process &nbsp;(completed 11/9/11)
#Bookkeeping
+
#Division of responsibilities
#Cash disbursement policy & allowable expenses
+
#Setting-up legal disbursement process (not discussed)
#Forms for working groups
+
#Bookkeeping (not discussed)
<div>&nbsp;</div><div><u>New Business</u> –</div>
+
#Fundraising (not discussed)
#Fundraising
 
 
#legal structure (not discussed)
 
#legal structure (not discussed)
#On-site coverage for dispersing funds
+
#On-site coverage for disbursing funds (not discussed)
#Follow-up on mediation
+
#Follow-up on mediation (not discussed)
 
#Current status of food & money (not discussed)
 
#Current status of food & money (not discussed)
#Division of responsibilities (not discussed)
 
 
#Who is a member of FAWG & how does one join? (not discussed)
 
#Who is a member of FAWG & how does one join? (not discussed)
<div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Discussion & Conclusions</u>''' -</div><div>Topics covered during meeting on 11/7/11</div><div>&nbsp;</div>
+
<div>&nbsp;</div><div><u>New Business</u> </div>
#<u>Post Office Box</u> – It was agreed that Rita Sebastian will hold one copy of the key and Rene Perez will hold the other.
+
#Quickbooks Access (not discussed)
#<u>Safety deposit box</u> – It was agreed that Greg Murphy & Bruce Ehrlich will open a safety deposit box for Occupy Boston, FAWG. They will request two copies of the key; one will be held by Bruce Ehrlich and one will be held by Rita Sebastian.
+
#Additional Signers on Credit Union account (not discussed)
#<u>Legal Disbursement </u>– It was discussed that this could be accomplished by using a separate savings/checking account that is linked to our existing account. Greg will investigate options with the Credit Union. The goal is to make a decision during our next meeting.
+
#Budget Process & Planning (not discussed)
#<u>Bookkeeping </u>– Bruce reiterated the importance of producing accurate financial statements as soon as possible. Toward that end, he acquired a grouping of receipts during the meeting.
+
<div>&nbsp;</div><div>'''<u>Discussion & Conclusions</u>''' -</div><div>Topics covered during meeting the meeting</div><div>&nbsp;</div>
#<u>Cash Disbursement Policy</u> – Mike Petit will prepare a policy document for review before the next meeting. This will include a list of prohibited items (alcohol drugs, etc.). ''Completed on 11/9/11''
 
 
#<u>Forms for Working Groups </u>–
 
#<u>Forms for Working Groups </u>–
<div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Greg Murphy will update the policy to show the operating hours for cash disbursement.</div><div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bruce Ehrlich will draft a funding authorization process sheet and form.</div>
+
<div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bruce proposed a policy to authorize funding for working groups. It was adopted with a few minor edits.</div><div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bruce also proposed a form to accompany this policy. It was also adopted with a few minor edits.</div>
#<u>Fundraising </u>–Rita offered to purchase a receipt book and Greg confirmed that they preferred payment method for donations is a check.
+
#<u>Cash Disbursement Policy</u> – Mike Petit proposed a policy for disbursing cash. It was reviewed and adopted with some edits.
#<u>Onsite Coverage for Disbursing Funds </u>– It was agreed that we need more people to help with coverage from 12:00pm – 3:00pm daily. Rita agreed to help on Mondays, Lisa on Saturdays, and Bruce & Mike offered to help fill-in on some weekends. Lisa will set-up a calendar and seek additional volunteers.
+
#<u>Screening Form & Process </u>''''
#<u>Mediation </u>– This was a point of discussion at the end of our meeting. The DBA is sill being held by the mediator since Paul contends that FAWG did not live-up to our obligations in the agreement.
+
<div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bruce proposed a policy covering financial accountability background screening. It was adopted without any modifications.</div><div>·&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bruce also proposed a form to accompany this policy. It was also adopted without modification.</div>
#<u>FSU & Wepay accounts </u>– We discussed the need for a procedure to open new wepay accounts.
+
#<u>Division of Responsibilities</u> – This topic was discussed at the end of our meeting, but no conclusions were reached. All members expressed the belief that this is an important issue that must be addressed. Mike will send the group a copy of the proposal that was discussed, so we can move closer to resolution.
#<u>Mailing Lists </u>– It was decided that Rene will act at the administrator for all FAWG mailing lists and Matthew Krawitz will act as the backup (Lisa will transfer all logins/passwords as soon as possible).
+
<div>&nbsp;</div><div>Other items, not on agenda -</div>
 +
*''-None-''
 +
<div>&nbsp;</div><div>Completed Business </div>
 +
*Post office box (Completed 11/7/11)
 +
*Safety deposit box for important papers (Completed 11/9/11)

Revision as of 14:18, 14 November 2011

Meeting Minutes
 
Group – Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG)
 
Meeting– November 9, 2011 from 6:00PM – 8:00PM, South Station mezzanine
 
Attendees – Rita Sebastian, Linda Jenkins, Bruce Ehrlich, and Mike Petit
 
Roles - Bruce Ehrlich (facilitator) and Mike Petit (secretary)
 
Agenda
 
Old Business
  1. Forms for working groups  (completed 11/9/11)
  2. Cash disbursement policy & allowable expenses (completed 11/9/11)
  3. Screening Form & Process  (completed 11/9/11)
  4. Division of responsibilities
  5. Setting-up legal disbursement process (not discussed)
  6. Bookkeeping (not discussed)
  7. Fundraising (not discussed)
  8. legal structure (not discussed)
  9. On-site coverage for disbursing funds (not discussed)
  10. Follow-up on mediation (not discussed)
  11. Current status of food & money (not discussed)
  12. Who is a member of FAWG & how does one join? (not discussed)
 
New Business
  1. Quickbooks Access (not discussed)
  2. Additional Signers on Credit Union account (not discussed)
  3. Budget Process & Planning (not discussed)
 
Discussion & Conclusions -
Topics covered during meeting the meeting
 
  1. Forms for Working Groups
·        Bruce proposed a policy to authorize funding for working groups. It was adopted with a few minor edits.
·        Bruce also proposed a form to accompany this policy. It was also adopted with a few minor edits.
  1. Cash Disbursement Policy – Mike Petit proposed a policy for disbursing cash. It was reviewed and adopted with some edits.
  2. Screening Form & Process
·        Bruce proposed a policy covering financial accountability background screening. It was adopted without any modifications.
·        Bruce also proposed a form to accompany this policy. It was also adopted without modification.
  1. Division of Responsibilities – This topic was discussed at the end of our meeting, but no conclusions were reached. All members expressed the belief that this is an important issue that must be addressed. Mike will send the group a copy of the proposal that was discussed, so we can move closer to resolution.
 
Other items, not on agenda -
  • -None-
 
Completed Business –
  • Post office box (Completed 11/7/11)
  • Safety deposit box for important papers (Completed 11/9/11)