Difference between revisions of "Financial Accountability"

From wiki.occupyboston.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(→‎Credit Union Statements: Additional 2013 credit union statements)
 
(260 intermediate revisions by 12 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
This page is the homepage for the Finance Working Group. Please fill this in with pertinent information and resources for newcomers. Use the Discussion tab above to start discussions.
+
__NOTOC__This page is the homepage for the Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG).
  
=Working Group Meeting Minutes=
+
Email list: https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/listinfo/fawg
==([[Instructions for Uploading Minutes|Instructions for Uploading Minutes]])==
 
  
Minutes for Monday October 24, 2011 3:15pm to 5:15 pm
+
Current Members: Joe Cugini, Linda Jenkins, Kendra Moyer, Steve Revilak
  
(Note - this meeting had many people from other workgroups attending.  Total attendance was about 20 people.  I did not get a list of names for my notes.)
+
== FAWG Meeting Minutes ==
  
1. Discussion of Paul Carnes' actions in opening CU account, EIN and DBA but refusing to give any information on these items or control of them back to the workgroup.
+
*[[FAWG Meeting 29 April 2013]]
 +
*[[FAWG Meeting 13 April 2013]]
 +
*[[UFE Fiscal Sponsorship Meeting 4 March 2013]]
 +
*[[FAWG Meeting 25 Feb 2013]]
 +
*[[FAWG Meeting 4 Feb 2013]]
 +
*[[FAWG Meeting 7 Jan 2013]]
 +
*[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e_Kh7E3oXcuZDjkJgSy6MKqy6Huqjj6cbLSMirxumXk/edit Aug 8, 2012 UFE Fiscal Sponsorship Meeting]
 +
*[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qawGUM1_PlkM-7WMkQ5NZwt25IkFdToLCqcAkOzFPD0/edit June 6, 2012 UFE Fiscal Sponsorship Meeting]
 +
*[[11/14/11]]
 +
*[[11/09/11]]
 +
*[[11/07/11]]
 +
*[[11/3/11]]
 +
*10/26/11
 +
*[[10/24/11]]
 +
*[[10/19/11]]
 +
*10/15/11
 +
*[[10/14/11]]
  
Last week Paul obtained a dba (doing business as) and EIN (a group tax id number) for Occupy Boston and opened a bank account as requested by the group.  However, both he and Sydney have repeatedly refused to give any copies of these forms or information about them to the workgroup.  No other person has been given any access to this bank account - Paul and Sydney are the only signers.  There were also other issues of Paul repeatedly not following procedures for cash disbursement and other financial procedures.  Paul and Sydney left the meeting at 4:00. After further discussion, the following resolution was proposed and passed unanimously:
+
== Credit Union Statements ==
  
"Be it resolved that any actions taken by Paul Carnes are not sanctioned by the Finance Accountability Work Group, including any credit union
+
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201110-1R.pdf|Oct 2011 Credit Union Statement]] / [[10/31/11]]
accounts remaining open, monies spent by him, or any fundraising efforts."
+
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201111-1R.pdf|Nov 2011 Credit Union Statement]] / [[11/30/11]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201112-1R.pdf|Dec 2011 Credit Union Statement]] / [[12/31/11]]
 +
*[[1/31/12|1/31/12]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201209R.pdf|Sep 2012 Credit Union Statement]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201210R.pdf|Oct 2012 Credit Union Statement]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201211R.pdf|Nov 2012 Credit Union Statement]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201212-1R.pdf|Dec 2012 Credit Union Statement (1 of 2)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201212-2R.pdf|Dec 2012 Credit Union Statement (2 of 2)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201301-1R.pdf|Jan 2013 Credit Union Statement (1 of 2)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201301-2R.pdf|Jan 2013 Credit Union Statement (2 of 2)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201302-1R.pdf|Feb 2013 Credit Union Statement (1 of 3)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201302-2R.pdf|Feb 2013 Credit Union Statement (2 of 3)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201302-3R.pdf|Feb 2013 Credit Union Statement (3 of 3)]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201303-1R.pdf|Mar 2013 Credit Union Statement]]
 +
*[[Media:Fawg-credit-union-201304-1R.pdf|Apr 2013 Credit Union Statement]]
  
Additionally, both Paul Carnes and Sydney Sherrel were voted out of the Financial Accountability Work Group by unanimous vote.   
+
== Financial Statements ==
  
2. Lawyer Dan Paradis spoke with the group about a number of issues and answered questions people had. Topics included how to establish a DBA now that Paul has already done so but refused to give use of it back to the workgroup. There was also general discussion of some pros and cons of different forms of legal entities.
+
=== Comprehensive ===
  
Without a formal legal structure and organizational liability insurance, people of a responsible character are reluctant to become check signers on a OB bank account. We spoke with Dan about using a trust account at his law firm to store the main part of our funds and have a credit union account with limited cash in it. This will be discussed further on our Wednesday meeting from 3-5. 
+
* [[Profit and Loss - Comprehensive]]
 +
* [[Balance Sheet - Compreshensive]]
 +
* [[Consented Proposal Summary]]
 +
* [[File:Fawg-working-group-comprehensive.ods|Working Group - Comprehensive]]
 +
* [[File:Fawg-general-ledger-comprehensive.ods|General Ledger - Comprehensive]]
  
3. Next steps:
+
===Profit And Loss===
  
* Rita Sebastian will get a larger PO Box with a new number.
+
*[[10/31/11|October 31, 2011]]
* Greg will add this PO Box address to the formal EIN number registration he obtained on Monday (as requested at the last meeting.)
+
*[[11/30/11|November 30, 2011]]
* This new PO Box will be used as the offical mailing address for any future bank account, dba, or other formal paperwork.  This prevents important paperwork being sent to one person's home.
+
*[[12/31/11|December 31, 2011]]
* FAWG members will attend Tuesday's GA to inform the GA of what has transpired.  Current consensus is we will ask the GA to censure Paul if he is not willing to sign a City of Boston form rescinding his DBA for Occupy Boston and close the credit union account he opened.  
+
*[[FY '12 Q1|FY '12 Q1]]
 +
*[[1/31/12|January 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[2/29/12|February 29, 2012]]
 +
*[[3/31/12|March 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[FY '12 Q2|FY '12 Q2]]
 +
*[[4/30/12|April 30, 2012]]
 +
*[[5/31/12|May 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[6/30/12|June 30, 2012]]
 +
*[[FY '12 Q3|FY '12 Q3]]
 +
*[[7/31/12|July 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - August 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - September 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - October 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - November 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - December 2012]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - January 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - February 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - March 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - April 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - May 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - June 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - July 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - August 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - September 2013]]
 +
*[[Profit and Loss - October 2013]] (through Oct. 23rd)
  
Next meeting is Wednesday from 3:00 - 5:00.
+
===Balance Sheet===
We will have two lawyers attending to help us work through the pros and cons of different possible forms of legal structure. 
 
  
[[File:FAWG_minutes_Oct_19_2011_PM.txt]]
+
*[[10/31/11 BS|October 31, 2011]]
 +
*[[11/30/11 BS|November 30, 2011]]
 +
*[[12/31/11 BS|December 31, 2011]]
 +
*[[1/31/12 BS|January 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[2/29/12 BS|February 29, 2012]]
 +
*[[3/31/12 BS|March 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[4/30/12 BS|April 30, 2012]]
 +
*[[5/31/12 BS|May 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[6/30/12 BS|June 30, 2012]]
 +
*[[7/31/12 BS|July 31, 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - August 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - September 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - October 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - November 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - December 2012]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - January 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - February 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - March 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - April 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - May 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - June 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - July 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - August 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - September 2013]]
 +
*[[Balance Sheet - October 2013]] (through October 23rd)
  
[http://occupyboston.wikispaces.com/file/view/FAWG_minutes_Oct_14_2011_PM.txt FAWG_minutes_Oct_14_2011_PM.txt] - [task: download and transfer mins from wikispaces and upload here]
+
===Working Group Expense===
  
[http://occupyboston.wikispaces.com/file/view/FAWG_minutes_Oct_15_2011_AM.txt FAWG_minutes_Oct_15_2011_AM.txt] - [task: download and transfer mins from wikispaces and upload here]
+
*[[10/11 WGE|October '11]]
 +
*[[11/11 WGE|November '11]]
 +
*[[12/11 WGE|December '11]]
 +
*[[1/12 WGE|January '12]]
 +
*[[2/12 WGE|February '12]]
 +
*[[3/31 WGE|March '12]]
 +
*[[4/30 WGE|April '12]]
 +
*[[5/31 WGE|May '12]]
 +
*[[6/30 WGE|June '12]]
 +
*[[7/31 WGE|July '12]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - August 2012]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - September 2012]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - October 2012]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - November 2012]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - December 2012]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - January 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - February 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - March 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - April 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - May 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - June 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - July 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - August 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - September 2013]]
 +
*[[Working Group Expense - October 2013]] (through Oct 23rd)
  
=Working Group Forms=  
+
=== General Ledger ===
'''Cash Disbursement Request''' - [[File:OB_Cash_Disbursement_Form.pdf]]
 
  
 +
*[[General Ledger - September 2011]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - October 2011]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - November 2011]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - December 2011]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - January 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - February 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - March 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - April 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - May 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - June 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - July 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - August 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - September 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - October 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - November 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - December 2012]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - January 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - February 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - March 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - April 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - May 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - June 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - July 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - August 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - September 2013]]
 +
*[[General Ledger - October 2013]] (through Oct 23rd)
  
 +
== Links==
  
=Finance Support Logistics=
+
*[[FAWG Receipts, etc]]
[[Camp - Assets|Assets]]
+
*[[Media:Ob-business-certificates-tin.pdf‎|OB Business Certificates]]
==Operation Expenses==
+
*[[United for a Fair Economy]]
===On-Going Expenses===
+
*[[FAWG Proposals (Consented)]]
 +
*[[Publishing Financial Reports|How to Publish Financial Reports]]
 +
*[[Procedures for Workgroups and Individuals to Obtain Funds]]
 +
*[[FAWG Background Check Procedures]]
 +
*[[Strategic Action Planning]]
 +
*[[FAWG Archive Material]] (includes Jan 2012 budget presentation)
  
* Item - $xx.xx per (hour|day|month|year|mb|gallon|lb|etc)
+
[[Category:Working groups|F]][[Category:Financial Accountability]]
 
 
 
 
==GA approved proposals==
 
 
 
Below is the text of the proposal that was passed at the GA on 10/15.
 
 
 
The Finance Working Group will oversee the accounting of all monetary
 
donations and monetary disbursements.Specific targeted funds, such as
 
the Legal/Bail fund, are already allocated and do not require any
 
further approval by the General Assembly.
 
 
 
For the general Occupy Boston funds, Working Groups and individual
 
requests for cash disbursements in amounts more than $100 per week
 
must be proposed directly to and approved by the General Assembly.
 
The Finance Working Group has the authority to approve and disburse up
 
to $100 per week to each Working Group.
 
 
 
Each Working Group will determine at least two (2) pointpersons for
 
monetary disbursements and register those names and contact
 
information with the Finance Working Group, in order to ensure
 
accountability and transparency in monetary disbursements.
 
Working groups will fill out cash disbursement request forms and
 
submit them to the Finance Working Group. Part of that process will be
 
to detail the items requested and to check first with Logistics
 
Working Group to make sure that the requested items are not readily
 
available as in-kind donations.
 
 
 
Working Groups must submit receipts for purchased items and any change
 
back to the Finance Working Group.
 
 
 
If a Working Group pointperson does not provide receipts or absconds
 
with the funds, that pointperson will not be allowed to receive
 
further cash disbursements.
 
 
 
Monetary donations made to the Food Working Group stay autonomous with
 
transparency through biweekly reports of money taken in and going out
 
and copies of receipts to the Finance Working Group.
 
 
 
Members of the Finance Working Group will be on site at a specified
 
time each day to accept disbursement forms and to make disbursements.
 
Minutes of the finance Working Group will be posted publicly. The
 
Finance Working Group will make financial records publicly available.
 
 
 
==Proposals==
 
 
 
==='''Tech'''=== <br>
 
[[Video Streaming Proposal|Video Streaming Proposal]] - $3050 + ~$460 monthly
 
 
 
Total of Proposed Asset purchases needed : $3050<br>
 
Total of Proposed Estimated monthly costs: $460
 
 
 
=Finance and Social Policy=
 
[This page is for Occupy Boston finance and accounting procedures.  For discussions on general finance reform, etc, please look on the Issues link to the left and then look at the specific reforms/issues being discussed. Please keep this page to "internal finance".]
 
 
 
-------
 
''Based on: [http://occupyboston.wikispaces.com/Finance+Working+Group Finance Working Group at wikispaces]''
 

Latest revision as of 14:49, 2 March 2014

This page is the homepage for the Financial Accountability Working Group (FAWG).

Email list: https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/listinfo/fawg

Current Members: Joe Cugini, Linda Jenkins, Kendra Moyer, Steve Revilak

FAWG Meeting Minutes

Credit Union Statements

Financial Statements

Comprehensive

Profit And Loss

Balance Sheet

Working Group Expense

General Ledger

Links