Welcome to the Occupy Boston Wiki!
We maintain this wiki to promote the transparent and participatory nature of the Occupy Boston movement. The wiki and Occupy Boston rely on every individual's contributions. Please Join Us!
Occupy Boston rises In solidarity with Occupy Wall Street. The origin of that effort was a challenge derived from the social movements of the Arab Spring. The occupation movement employs a direct democracy, in the aim of equalizing the power of individual voices.
- View the Events Calendar or call 617-286-6805 for an automated recording of each day's events.
- Visit the wordpress, OccupyBoston.com
- Read Media about Occupy Boston and worldwide Occupy efforts.
- Come to Dewey Square where Occupy Boston has built a tent city: Directions. General Assembly is an open forum - held at 7PM every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday.
- Donate Supplies | Donate Funds
- Volunteer with one of the Working Groups.
- Discuss issues, and especially a Statement of Purpose to be presented to General Assembly soon.
- Add your story to the 99% collection.
- Join the Wiki to leave comments and edit pages. Help Build the Wiki! Please browse Occupy Boston's Wiki Guidelines and Formatting Tips for advice.
- Chat live with other Occupiers.
Read the Archives
- Bank Transfer Day - Take a stand and move your money out of the big banks before 5 November 2011.
- 13-14 October 2011 - Emergency Call to Action: Keep Bloomberg and Kelly From Evicting #OWS
- Evening of 11 October 2011 - GA Experiencing Down-Time: View 'occupyboston2' Streaming Here.
- Evening of 10 October 2011 - 'Camp Two' Cleared by BPD, and More
- See community-generated and professional Press regarding the movement.
- View an archive of Announcements.
We Are The 99%!
Please be patient with us (OBIT) as we work to make this the best possible collaborative space for Occupy Boston. We're working to get as much of the data from the old wikispaces site to this one, to allow us to be in control of our own content. Please be aware though, that importing data from the wikispaces will not result in an exact carbon copy of the old pages.
For more information about the migration from wikispaces, please go here.
For more information about suggested guidelines for adding content to this wiki, please go here.