Old Dewey Square Participate Page
- 1 Visit Dewey Square
- 2 Join Working Groups
- 3 Donate
- 4 Educate
- 5 Follow and Contribute on Social Media
- 6 Direct Action
- 7 Contacts
Visit Dewey Square
- Find a meeting on the Calendar produced by Media working group. (Click the agenda tab, it is much more readable then). This calendar agenda is also on the right side of the http://occupyboston.org main site. Be sure to attend a General Assembly to 'see what democracy looks like' and help to develop a consensus. General Assemblies are usually at 7:00 PM on Tuesday and Thursday and 5:00 on Saturday and Sunday, but they are in flux after the recent eviction, so check the Calendar to be sure.
- See the [VOLUNTEER DETAILS] page
- For more infoEmail Us. You can also email the InfoTent who are onsite.
There is also an Outreach committee for people to help spread the message and make contacts with other organizations.
Join Working Groups
Working groups meet at the Occupy Boston site and/or work remotely. They all have a presence on the internet with their own email listserves, pages on this wiki, twitter feeds, facebook pages, and other communication outlets.
- The Donate and Old Dewey Square Logistics page on this wiki provide lists of items that are needed. There is also a list generated by OBLogistics on twitter at http://twitter.com/#!/OBLogistics
- At camp, check the lists posted by the Logistics Tent. (When you first walk into the Occupy Boston camp in Dewey Square from the South Station side you see on your left the Logistics tent.)
- To donate money, the main occupy Boston website at http://occupyboston.org is the place to go. Currently on the right hand side are lists of various funds that have been set up for donations and links to an easy way to make donations.
- Occupy Boston also has a dontation box, on site, whch is emptied daily and the amount depsoited in an accout at a local credit union.
- You may mail checks to this address:
PO Box 51162
Boston, MA 02205
Please make checks payable to "OccupyBoston FAWG".
Join this wiki - the Help file will show you how. Then you can contribute content and engage in discussions. There are multiple groups of people working on documents and discussing ideas. Be sure to check the discussion tab on an page that interests you. See what other people are saying about that page, contribute your comments.
Interesting pages include:
- Occupy 101 briefly describes the fundamentals of Occupy Boston.
- Strategies (Strategies, Proposals, Positions) - This Working group is dedicated to discussing societal issues, determining their root causes, and responding with actionable proposals.
- Optimistic visions - the primary idea is to generate a store of positive ideas that we can contemplate, share, and work to manifest.
- The Outreach working group can help you to poster, or set up an information table in your town. It has a Graphic Design page where Learn how print the stickers to hand out during canvassing and to spread the message! Here is also where you will find ideas on you can work as a blogger or tweeter to build the movement. Outreach Committee meetings are Fridays at 6 p.m. by the Gandhi statue.
- Some Working Groups sometimes meet offsite or are actively collaborating with other groups. For example, the Labor Outreach Committee meets Mondays at 4:30pm at SEIU 615 to accommodate the labor organization members who wish to actively participate in our group process.
- Get involved in an ongoing project. Want to work on an encampment paper? Check out The Boston Occupier
Follow and Contribute on Social Media
- Participate in Bank Transfer Day - on or before 5 November 2011
We invite all passionate, informed persons to hold a seminar or teach a class. Please e-mail:
If you are press or wish to contact the Media team please e-mail:
Free School University
If you are an educator and would like to teach, lead a discussion, workshop or speak
Music and Entertainment
If you are a professonal music group or other entertainment (comedians, preference art, etc) interested in booking a performance
The Boston Occupier
Occupy Boston Globe
Signup with your email at http://groups.occupyboston.org/wg/volunteer-info to receive announcements for volunteering. Specific needs of working groups will also be placed here.
You can also email the InfoTent to receive The Daily Digest.