Eric is in the process of unifying the movement's many communication mediums within this wiki in order to host a more open forum. It is only in the existence of a public forum (avoiding the time constraints coming from daily/weekly meetings) that a true quorum of the 99% may be established.
The theory behind my proposal is that knowledge is power. The transparency of and the access to information, therefore, should be absolute. The Occupy movement, with its great number of supporters, has a chance to embrace advanced communications technology as a primary organizational tool. Information should be made as open and equally accessible as possible, and to be equally accessible it first must be simple and easy to use. I believe that the best tool for our collaborative effort can be this very wiki. The nature of a wiki is both collaborative and autonomous. It offers space for known facts and agreeable solutions, as well as for in-depth discussion. There are essentially no limits to the potential size of the website itself, nor to the number of collaborators. The open discussion space provided by the wiki is the most important ingredient. It means every issue can be hosted in its own space, but also grouped by relevancy. If the community truly supports discussion, it may automatically birth documents appealing to the peaceful transition of our society.
Examine the nominal benefits of converging local Occupy conversations within a single, organized, online space - to be aided by the creation of local 'offices' for making access to info for those who may not have internet access.
- User:OneKarma/Forum - an introduction to the concept of an open forum, and utilizing this wiki as such
- User:OneKarma/Forum/Functions - the functions that an open forum should perform in order to be successful
- User:OneKarma/Forum/Demo - a 'prototype' for how working pages can be organized in an open forum
- User:OneKarma/Forum/TOC - 'Forum' table of contents
- User:OneKarma/Philosophy - as working group?
- User:OneKarma/Global Forum - too grandiose, use only for reference
- present http://project.occupymediawiki.org/wiki/Main_Page somewhere on OBwiki
- convert forum pages into readable essay (write forum walkthrough), update bottom of philosophy page
- 'got mine' attitude essay
- Update Calendar details - how to edit, who to contact, what contact info...
- entirely new calendar?
- Update all consented documents, 'sync' with the blog
- 'press releases' section from ga page
- Update Media and Education sections
- update side-bar with 'education' and 'documents' link
- move 'primary tools' above 'links'
- add to primary tools?
- increase transparency
- update personal section
- OneKarma's 'User Contributions'
- All pages from "User:OneKarma" to "User:OneKarmb"
- WikiFarm IRC
- WikiFarm mailing list
- Portland wiki
- Mediawiki Footnotes help
*Essay writing review http://essayboards.com/]
- pad.riseup.net - for hosting live-draft docs
- MediaWiki:Sidebar - inaccessible; need 'admin'
- Wiki User Rights - inaccessible; need 'admin'
"I am He, as You are He, as You are Me, and We are all Together."