Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Kendra's Article for the Occupier
- Groups v2
- Feedback from forums
- Contact groups using v1
- Next Sprint
- Reschedule next week's meetings
- A1, A2, A4
- As it stands they fall on the 1st and the 4th, two big days of action.
- Things to discuss with media
- There are a bunch of old and open tickets to take care of.
Congratulations (Outcome of the community gathering)
- Woohoo! We had an awesome community gathering.
- A woman who had previously worked with the FSF is planning on following up with us later.
- One woman said she was a graphic designer and would be willing to help. Brandon has her info.
- A couple other people might want to help out with OBIT in the future.
- Kendra: I wrote an overview on the gathering which I want to publish in the Occupier. I sent it to the OBIT list for people to look over. Try to do that in the next 48 hours.
- POC is trying to get in touch with some of the community groups who might want to help with outreach/teach-ins.
- Kendra is in touch with them working to coordinate these events.
- Ross: we should probably re-do the wiki thing, because of poor turnout.
- We need to more outreach about these teach-in events.
- The next target date for a teach-in is 8 April.
- Ross: I'm not sure that having a scheduled training at a specific time is the best strategy for approaching this problem.
- Brandon: I think scheduling trainings with particular working groups would be a good way to go about these teach-ins (ex. Wiki with Media). We can still invite others not in that WG to come.
- Ross: It sounds like this is a lot of work and perhaps we're overextending ourselves. We need more people.
- Ross: Maybe we also need to train ourselves with some skill-shares.
- The groups votes to schedule a training with media to talk about wiki's specifically.
- Steve will take the action to discuss that with them.
- Jeremy: we need to have a conversation what OBIT's strategy and consistent message.
- When are we going to hold our internal skill-shares?
- Ross: I think it would be better if Wednesdays were work meetings where we could do a skill-share when we want.
- We voted on that and reached consensus.
- Wednesday April 18th we'll have a GPG skill-share during the meeting, starting at 6.
Things To Talk About With Media
- Wiki training
- It's already mostly planned, Steve just needs to schedule it.
- Address the SFTP thing.
- Everyone email list
- Funders list
- They will soon want to send another email out.
- Groups v2
- Media suggested meeting on Saturday, we counter suggest the 11th.
- Dan Cheeno says that should be ok.
- Dana: I made a new banner for groups, but I thought the design motif should be about groups rather than buildings.
- Brandon: I think we should contact FSU and Safer Spaces, the most prominent users of groups v1.
- We should create a custom theme (base-theme zen) that will allow us to start tackling the theme).
- Etherpad Integration
- Not in this sprint
- Messaging and Notifications
Next Week's Meetings
- Sunday & Wednesday are cancelled, we'll meet at 3 on Saturday at e5.
- Crazy Shit
- Dana will hand off a sign.
- Not as a group.