- 1 Welcome
- 2 OBR find us on:
- 3 OBR Programs
- 4 Submissions
- 5 Member Guides for Producing and Recording a Show
- 5.1 Technical Set Up
- 5.2 PREPARING CONTENT
- 5.3 BROADCASTING AND RECORDING
- 5.4 SAVING AND ARCHIVING
- 5.6 SOFTWARE & TOOLS: The tools we use and links to find them and help to use them
- 5.7 Documentation
- 6 Meeting Minutes
- 7 OBR Updates
Welcome to Occupy Boston Radio's home on the wiki!
The Radio Working Group is striving to produce quality programming related to Occupy Boston, the Occupy Movement and related topics of the 99%.
If you are interested in joining OBR-Working Group to volunteer as a produer, show host or a much needed adminstrative support please send an email to: email@example.com. We will post your email to our raido working email list. ONe of us will get back to you. You are also welcome to attend our open, public meetings, please check the occupyboston.org/calendar for our next meeting.
OBR find us on:
- Website www.obr.fm
- Join the conversation by calling 617-90-20-OBR call-in during live shows with comments and questions.
- A few non-studio, live, shows still use this phone number 617-50-MY-RAD
- Twitter: @occupybosradio
- Please donate, we need equipment and we pay for rent and webbroadcasting tools.
Please visit our schedule of programs, click on a show which links to more information about that program and the host. Or click on the links below.
All programming produced by Occupy Boston Radio are Creative Commons licensed.
Our weekly shows:
- Working Class Wednesdays – Irreverent look at Occupy Boston with John Dwyer - Wednesdays @ 8pm
- The Aggregated Occupier – Spend a little time with Raymond S. as he runs down Occupy activities across the country - Fridays @ 2pm
- The Bridge: Arts for the 99% – Linda Carmichael and Janet Gillispie take a look at art across the 99% - Fridays @ 2:30pm
- Caulk the Wagon – Join Robin Jacks as she sits down with guests near and far - Fridays @ 8pm
- The Commonwealth Casino – Patrick Keohan explores casinos and the power they have over the public and politics - Fridays @ 8pm
- Civil Science – From environmental legislation to scientific breakthroughs, Kathryn Solorzano Lowell discusses it all - Wednesdays @ 6pm
- Free School University – FSU moves to the airwaves with host David Knuttunen and guests discussing politics, economics, education, justice, outrage and solutions - Wednesdays @ 7pm
- Occupy the Game – Alex Ingram explores the relationship of Sports and Politics - Mondays @ 7pm
- Occupy in the Know – Explore the Ins and Outs of Occupy Boston & allied Social Justice organizations as they discuss hard truths w/ Kendra Moyer - Fridays @ 8pm
- Occupied Nation – Boston George talks with WGs about their actions and events! Get the OB WG Skinny! - Mondays @ 8pm
- Pink Slime Radio Hour – Mix it up with money talk every Monday evening with Matt Kaminsky - Mondays @ 8pm
- Theology In Action – David Concepcion explores the link between religion, spirituality and social movements - Fridays @ 8pm
- Veterans for Peace – Decorated Veteran Bob Funke tells it like it is from the point of view a war weary solider - Mondays @ 6pm
Formats Accepted: MP3 w/44,000Hz, 192kbps
Please send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Member Guides for Producing and Recording a Show
Technical Set Up
Mixer -> Computer Running BUTT -> Mayfirst server running Icecast ->
Listeners computer through jplayer on obr.fm
BROADCASTING AND RECORDING
How to broadcast with BUTT from Mac, Windows, Linux
PLAYING CLIPS/AUDIO DURING A LIVE BROADCAST
SAVING AND ARCHIVING
USTREAM for meetings and trainings
TWITTER for OBR archive, to tweet: @occupybosradio
<a href="WG/OBIT/Ices2">Configuring Ices2</a>
<a href="WG/radio/Airtime Customization">Airtime Customizations</a>
<a href="Multi-usb mic/jackd/liquidsoap setup">Configuring Liquidsoap (Outdated)</a>
We have a Studio!