GA Minutes Tue August 21 2012
21 Aug 2012
- In Copley Square plaza.
- Steve R, facilitator
- Dana M, note-taker
- Approximately 32 people present
- Check out OWS S17 promotional video:
- Puppet Cooperative is open Tuesdays, 2-7:00 pm. Great place to build things
for Street Theater as well as banner making.
- Nurses Union is reserving buses for S17. Maybe will allow OB to conserve resources.
- FAWG update: Changes include Greg Murphy stepping down. Concerns regarding GA
allocation of financial resources, including recently passed proposal for radio programming on unregularradio.com. Linda from FAWG would like to revisit participatory budgeting process.
- S30 preparations: now a thread on http://voices.occupyboston.org
- OB Radio is moving to new E5 space: 9B Hamilton, 2nd Floor (near Orpheum Theater)
- Dana will repost details on how to do mass-emailing to OB as set up by OBIT
- _Update_ of above point: Send mass-emailings to: email@example.com
- Anyone wishing to help out with mass-mailing by Anarchist Black Cross of
their Prison Action News (produced by and for prisoners) Wednesday, August 22 at 6:30 in Cambridgeport should contact: Mattbcarroll@yahoo.com.
- Rene has posted a jobs list for the un, fun, and under-employed. To subscribe,
find the link at http://voices.occupyboston.org
- There were 2 discussion proposals:
- A discussion proposal concerning the funding proposal for 99% Radio passed at last GA
- A discussion proposal about the organizing for S17
1) Rene's discussion proposal regarding 99% radio funding:
- Questions were asked about what efforts had been made to communicate the proposal
to the general OB community prior to the last GA. This included some critique about communication in the OB community in general.
- Questions about how open this particular, funded, programming will be to the other
programs of OB Radio. The funded affinity group (Metacomet) informed that other obr programmers are solicited to come on the show, promote their own programs. It's meant to be inclusive.
- In terms of outreach, point of information: that last week's unregularradio.com
Thursday 6-8:00 time slot had over 5000 unique visitors.
2) Rich's discussion proposal about the organizing for S17
- The concern is that plans are scattered and without assurances that sufficient numbers
will turn out. Also, next spokes meeting is only a week before S17 weekend.
- Suggestion: t-shirts that affirm Occupy Boston presence
- Using Puppet lending library to create actions
- OWS is publishing a newsletter with some suggested itineraries for weekend
- Planning in advance and with affinity groups will help insure people's safety
- Housing and care of Boston people in NYC is needed
- There was a temp check (positively passed) to inquire/suggest with the S17 transportation
proposers that some of the allocated monies could be spent on t-shirts
- Linda from that group agreed to carry that suggest/inquiry to the other members
Greetings to visiting members from OccupySarasota