List of Media Outlets in Boston
Below is a list of COMMERCIAL media outlets to inspire you. The newsdesk or newstip emails are usually the best ones. You can call up the main numbers and ask for the newdesk email address, or ask where to send Press Releases.
PLEASE add contacts here as you find them, so that other activists can use them, too. We're all in this together!
Also see the [List of Indy Media Outlets] for radio stations that carry indy news.
Don't forget to see the rest of the Suggestions for Promoting your Event back at the [Roll Your Own Media Campaign page]
- The Boston Globe
Main Number: 617-929-2000 - firstname.lastname@example.org - email@example.com - News Department, Martin Baron, Editor, The Boston Globe, 617-929-2000 - Caleb Solomon, Executive Editor, 617-929-3058 - Mark Morrow, Deputy Managing Editor for Projects, 617-929-7129 - Letters to the Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org. - Op-Ed pieces, Maximum of 700 words, Marjorie Pritchard, Op-Ed Editor - Fax: 617-929-2098
- The Boston Herald
- email@example.com - Switchboard: 617-426-3000 - City Desk (newsroom): 617-619-6514
- The Boston Metro, (5 days a week) 49% owned by the Boston Globe
Metro Boston Main: 617-210-7905 Editorial Fax: 617-357-4706
- The Boston Phoenix
- calendar listings: firstname.lastname@example.org - press release and other submittals: email@example.com
- Weekly Dig
- La Semana, En Espanol
- Bay Windows, the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered weekly
- The Christian Science Monitor
- The Pilot, Catholic, Archdiocese of Boston
* Just Property MLSHomeFinder, exclusive to Real Estate * Just Rentals Boston For Rent, exclusive to Real Estate * Spare Change News * Barstool Sports * Stuff magazine, formerly Stuff@night * The Improper Bostonian, a "what's happening" guide to the Boston area
* Allston-Brighton TAB * Back Bay Courant * Back Bay Sun * Beacon Hill Times * Charlestown Patriot-Bridge * Dorchester Reporter * Dorchester News * East Boston Sun Transcript * Fenway News * Hyde Park Tribune * Jamaica Plain Gazette * Mattapan Reporter * Mission Hill Gazette' * South End News * West Roxbury Transcript
* Brookline TAB * Cambridge Chronicle * Somerville Journal * Newton TAB
* MetroWest Daily News of Framingham * The Eagle-Tribune of North Andover * The Patriot Ledger of Quincy * The Lowell Sun of Lowell
* The Daily Free Press, Boston University daily * "The Huntington News", Northeastern University weekly * The Harvard Crimson, Harvard daily * The Harvard Voice, Harvard weekly * The Tech, MIT twice-weekly * The Heights, Boston College twice-weekly * The Tufts Daily, Tufts Daily * Boston Common Magazine * The Boston Independent Media Center, provides alternative views * Boston magazine, a monthly lifestyles magazine * Boston Review, a national political and arts magazine * Boston Spirit Magazine (full color, glossy luxury gay and lesbian life and style magazine, Greater Boston and New England) * Open Media Boston, progressive online metro news weekly serving the Boston area * www.WhoFish.Org, local web site that publishes Top Event Picks for each weekend * www.presspasstv.org, local non profit that works with Boston youth to produce video news stories that focus on organizations and individuals working to build and sustain Boston neighborhoods.
WBUR: firstname.lastname@example.org (617) 353-0909 newsroom: (617) 353-0770 email@example.com @WBUR
Magic 106 Tina Gao, Public Service Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
NECN: (617) 630-5025 there are people stationed at the newsdesk throughout the day or email@example.com
See more at []