WG/Media/Minutes/03142012

From wiki.occupyboston.org
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Report Backs
    • Quick report back from Saturday Strategy Meeting
    • Created spreadsheet of outstanding action items
    • Possibly will create spreadsheet of incoming requests


  • Facilitation Requests (Michael)
    • 1 GA had been devoted to how meetings are run a few weeks ago
    • Need help for some things
    • Some people need to go out of their way to come to GA; want to know which topics will be on agenda
    • ->Would like to post upcoming proposals to website
      • 4 options
        • Every GA gets own blog posts?
        • Through Google Cal
        • Through Wiki
        • Editor status for page
      • Proposal: Give Matt Editor access 
        • Temp check: accepted
    • Want more input from different sources; want a joint meeting with Media WG
    • Need more consistent livestream support
      • Need livestream training
        • ->Eli will take point
    • OBIT
      • User permissions plugin just installed!
      • Joint Meetings of first Wednesday of the month
      • The everybody list: Facilitation, Media, OBIT, Inreach should have meeting
      • Rent
        • Moving forward from March, how are we going to pay ($400/month)?
        • GA dispensation only goes through March
        • Use the monthly campaign donation for rent?
          • Liam: No, that money is for campaigns and equipment specifically
        • Original proposal was to contribute to E5, since we were using the space
          • Radio is also renting now
          • Lots of different groups use the Media WG space and computer
          • There will likely be resistance to a proposal at GA
        • Temp-check for whether or not we should continue to rent from E5
          • Neutral to positive
        • Have we ever talked to E5, as a community, about what's the "price tag" for OB for being here?
          • No, not really]
        • Do we use the desk that much?
          • For equipment and only a few other projects; mostly, though, it's used by other groups, too; 90% used by other WGs
        • ->Proposal to work on a proposal to bring to GA:
          • Liam
          • Deborah
      • Media Requests
        • MAHRC
          • Outside guidelines (>48 hours)
        • OUMB - NEEDED FOR TOMORROW
          • Press release
            • If they've written
          • Blog post
            • If they've written
          • ->Matt will take point
        • 3/17 Health Justice request
          • Blog post (pre) - Gunner write, Josh CE
        • ROC (3/17)
          • Photography? Deborah!
        • Peace Parade (3/18)
          • Blog post (pre) - Gunner write, Dan CE
          • Deb SB covering
        • 3 Strikes
          • Bob = photography + writeup; Deborah CE
        • Open House
          • 4/2 ROLL IT!
      • Volunteer delegation
        • Interoccupy media call: 3/19, Monday 7pm (interoccupy.org/media)
          • Farhad will find someone; if not, Gunner
        • Weekly press briefing
          • Various members of independent press, need media to chat
          • Let's have rotating people
          • Call is on Thursdays, 3pm
          • Farhad will do it 3/15
          • Eli wants to pitch mass texting story
        • Red Banner
          • We need to fix access to it
          • Who will update it this week?
            • John
      • OBTV meeting:
        • Suggested next Friday, 7pm or Saturday noon to 6
        • Joshua will take point on trying to figure out what's up with this
      • AZ Library
        • Needs external media stories on Media WG
        • Farhad will put in touch with them
      • Nominations for media.occupyboston.org email
        • Josh, Joshua, Eli, Dan, Liam, DSB will be the first group of email checkers
      • Hard Drive
        • Temp check $315.49 for hard drive
        • Liam will email Joshua
      • Talking Points for April 1 and Other Issues
        • We need talking points
        • Talk about WHY occupying is a good thing, but none of the specifics
        • Start open notepad for talking points / strategy 
        • What's still fucked
        • Find out what's going on
      • April 4
        • Also create document
      • Media Strategy meeting next Saturday, 3/24