2/24/2013 OBIT Meeting
Dana, Kendra, Steve at Boloco.
Mailing List Cleanup
General information on mailman
- Click support
- click FAQ
- FAQ Topics > Email List
There, you'll find instructions on how to set up a mailing list.
Occupy Boston mailing lists are under the "obmail" hosting order.
Mailing list cleanup (top page): Mailing list cleanup
To see the overview page for a mailing list:
First pass, write to LIST and LIST-owner.
Second pass, join list and try to send again.
Third pass, become list owner, and try again.
If no response after third pass, then disable.
Steve will open support ticket with Mayfirst, re: downsizing hosting.
South End Tech Center
Thinking sometime in April, after the April 6th StrikeDebt action.
SETC is trying to move over to free software and Linux. For now, we're probably looking at giving one class/presentation per month.
First meeting April 16th 6:30 - 8:30
First outline for a curriculum (we'll have to discuss this with SETC, and tailor it accordingly).
- Brief history of linux. How/Why open source is different from proprietary software.
- Booting from a linux distribution CD
- Brief intro to a command line
- Review basic commands
- Download software and software updates (package manager)
Third and fourth sessions:
- Small projects. Libre Office, Video editing, Audio editing, Graphics, (basic computer applications). Set up a drupal website.