Return to OBR Wiki Page
Draft minutes from the Radio meeting 1/9/12
Attendees Tracy Chris Matt Brandon Michael Sage Todd Sarah
- NH was cool - 200 people in rally outside debate
- tech training last Sunday, - Katherine took notes for documentation - Brandon moving airtime from personal server to mayfirst.org
- running on fumes
- production, training for programming - exercise and test for broadcast Tuesday at 5:00 at E5 - outreach is more difficult than expected - will reach out to media on Wednesday - T service cuts : what can radio do to highlight the issue and get message out?
- Wants to do show related to economics - Tracey will be producer
- first meeting, no updates
- learned BUTT - beginning producer training - few people at producer workshop - Stacey : outreach to community radio - Kevin : radio show on labor, very organized
- news on (can't read my writing "Wortdy"?) - GBot & B the Revolutionary on Monday
- History with Todd - Kevin would like weekend slot for labor show
- Robin show Friday AM - Out of town Wed, Thu - Outreach to Monica Poole - Taking over Linda's show?
- will do tech parts of production
- news exercise tomorrow (Tues 1/10, 5:00 at E5) - hoping for schedule [not enough programming for strict schedule, only provisional] +- reconcile mailing list with programing ideas on basecamp ACTION: Chris, Matt, Sarah, Brandon
- Made contact with Ashely Sanders for interview re: article at WarisACrime.org about Populist movement of early 1900s. - Other show ideas listed on basecamp - Will coordinate with Chris for production - would like feature on OPitt's eviction of Mellon Bank, will coordinate with news - Needs ob.org e-mail address for future contacts
- Theology in action (Live) Wed @ 7:00 - Kevin : labor show (Live) - Ren : women & houseless "occupy conversations" (Live) - Brenden : news behind the news (recorded) - Zoe : no one is quite sure (Live, mixed) - Katherine : environment (Live) - Beth : Wed @ 8:00 or Friday (TBD) : live music peformance +- how to mic, where to do, can't really at E5? If Wed, at Sarah's house, else at E5
- how to get from program idea to scheduled program. Discussion resulted in:
1) Have developed show host go to meeting to scheduling block 2) Producer approves 3) Producer tells timeslot to Program Schedule Dept 4) PDS slotting 5) PDS confirms timeslot to producer & communications
Pre-recorded show will follow same procedure with required 96-hour time lag from 2 through 5.
Remaining agenda was postponed.
UPDATES INREACH-MEDIA PRERECORDED MEDIA NEXT TECH SCHEDULING WEB TEMPLATE EQUIPMENT
Return to OBR Wiki Page