Read, expand, and add your ideas here for tech projects.. Sign them with your user name by typing ~~~~. Contact those who are interested in an idea and start working together.
International Alert system >>This can be done via SMS text messages or phone using VOIP. The same system in use at FreeSchoolUniversity.org (top left) can be set up to make outgoing calls/sms messages. People could sign up to be alerted specific causes.
Email Alert System to turn out the troops
Have a centralized, coded email system, of off-site supporters, who can be invited to actions.
a wiki around govt/corporate corruption and greed aiming to aggregate articles/facts around the issues we care about (On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Occupy Boston Tech <email@example.com>
- Interesting, Have you checked out the aggregation of articles on http://wiki.occupyboston.org/wiki/Education. they are pretty good. I think within the wiki it could certainly be improved. It would be good to have a <biblio> like extension so that wiki authors could reference good ideas from the articles. I've been playing with semantic mediawiki to look for an easy way to us it to aggregate ideas. Mcktimo 15:47, 28 October 2011 (EDT)
a website aimed at encouraging local conversations around Occupy issues, especially in suburban neighborhoods where they aren't close to an actual Occupy (On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Occupy Boston Tech <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- app. 'design your own tax code'
- until ____ income you would pay no taxes. From there to $______ in income you would pay ____%, From there to $______ in income you would pay ____%,...
- click here to see what your system would do .
- app.'design your own financial regulation system'
- Capital gains tax: ____some%
- ____ treat it like earned income (y/n)
- Derivatives market transaction tax = _____/transaction
- Short term trade tax: _____/minute
- click here to see what your system would do for us (the 99% and the 1%)
Mcktimo 15:46, 28 October 2011 (EDT)
This might be something we consider implementing. There are many extensions. Out of the box it would be a nightmare to support.
- An alternative to google groups/mailing lists for discussions
- Limiting mailing lists to events and announcements (unless an announcements section is created on the BBS which sends out e-mails instead)
- A more effectively transparent means of communicating
- Forum Requirements and Criteria